Local Researcher Support
- Group and fee-based individualized i2b2 and TriNetX trainings for building queries and cohort characterization for preparatory to research purposes
- Free, self-service preparatory to research queries for research study and clinical trial feasibility
- Self-service de-identified data-pulls from i2b2 (post IRB review)
- Identifiable data pulls for retrospective studies and clinical trials (post IRB approval)
- Integration of Sunrise and EPIC data in i2b2, TriNetX, and PCORNet Common Data Model (CDM) instances
- Collaboration on grants or projects
- Preparatory to Research Tool A global research network that allows researchers to explore feasibility for clinical trials using both Sunrise and Epic data for preparatory to research purposes
- Trial Connect Allows pharmaceutical companies and CRO’s to query our data and contact our institution about clinical trial opportunities based on query results. The CIRD works directly with the Clinical Trials Office to facilitate PI matching for these studies.
ACT SHRINE (available to researchers September 2018)
- Accrual for Clinical Trials (ACT) is a Shared Health Research Informatics Network (SHRINE), which is a distributed query system and search engine for i2b2 that enables clinical researchers to search de-identified patient records using a customized set of patient criteria. ACT SHRINE queries all National Clinical and Translational Science Awarded (CTSA) Consortium institutions, provides approximated aggregate counts for each site, and significantly increases participant accrual to the nation’s highest priority clinical trials.
Greater Plains Collaborative (GPC/PCORI)
- The CIRD is UTHSCSA's link to the GPC network funded by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). GPC is comprised of 12 medical centers each hosting a research data warehouses covering more than 5 million active patients. As a member site, we share technical expertise, software, and data and participate in multiple research initiatives.
Common Data Model (CDM)/PCORNet Front Door
- GPC network sites maps EHR data to the same consistent format (i.e., with the same variable name, attributes, and other metadata) PCORnet Front Door invites potential investigators, patient groups, healthcare organizations, clinicians and clinician groups, government, industry scientists, and sponsors to leverage PCORnet’s unique infrastructure and collaborate on patient-centered clinical research.