Clinical Informatics Research Division (CIRD)
CIRD is a research and academic division dedicated to improving health care by bridging biomedical, statistical, and computational domains. CIRD collaborates with clinical, translational, and basic scientists who wish to make use of innovative informatics methods including our analytical data warehouse, which is custom-designed by researchers for researchers.
To discuss collaboration on grants or projects, contact Informatics@uthscsa.edu.
View CIRD Fact Sheet.
Fields of Interest
- Clinical and Translational Informatics
- Multi-site Distributed Clinical Trials
- Study Cohort Selection for Clinical Trials
- Data Mining of De-identified Electronic Medical Records
- Open-source Scientific Software Development
- Agent-based Models and Simulations
- Big Data and Predictive Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Longitudinal, Time-to-Event, and Time-Series Data
- Next-generation Gene Sequencing Algorithms
- Stochastic Modeling of Nanoscale Biomolecular Systems
- MEDI 5076: "Introduction to Informatics", MS in Clinical Investigation Program
Greater Plains Collaborative Clinical Data Research Network (GPC)
CIRD is UTHSCSA's link to the GPC network funded by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). GPC is comprised of research data warehouses hosted by 10 medical centers throughout the country covering more than 5 million active patients. As a member site, we share technical expertise, software, and data.
Dr. Alfredo Tirado-Ramos, Division Chief
Clinical Informatics Research Division
STRF — Mail Code 8261
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229-3900
Phone: (210) 562-4107